For those eligible to obtain legal permanent resident status, we offer assistance with the legal processes and eligibility requirements. Many people are able to obtain Green Cards through family members already residing in the U.S., but need to meet one of the following requirements before applying:

  • Is an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen – including spouses, parents of citizens aged 21 or older, and citizen’s children under the age of 21.
  • Is a family member of a U.S. citizen that fits into a preference category – preferences include unmarried children over the age of 21, married children of any age, and brothers or sisters of U.S. citizens, aged 21 or older.
  • Is a family member of a Green Card holder – includes spouses and unmarried children of the sponsoring card holder.
  • Is a member of a special category – special categories include battered spouse or children (VAWA), a K nonimmigrant, a V nonimmigrant, a widow(er) of a U.S. citizen, or a person born to a foreign diplomat.

The legal team at Zohar Law Firm in Manhattan is proud to offer their services to people from all over the globe in obtaining legal status within the United States. If you’re looking to learn more about how to get a green card or about the K-1 visa, which is for fiancés.  Call an immigration lawyer to schedule your personal and confidential consultation now to discuss you and your family’s legal options.